Tuesday, March 24, 2009

ABOUT IRUS ART SHOW

IRUS art opening was a great success! There were many people who were interested in Persian culture and the process of our collaboration. Something that was very interesting for me was that some people still wanted to talk about politics. It is so weird that anytime the name of Iran comes up, many people in America think political not cultural. I started IRUS project because I was frustrated with the one sided, dark image of Iran that American media continues to promote. I wanted to break down the cultural barriers and help to give a more balanced view to Iran. When I look at our art works in our show, all I see is the cultural exchange that we tried to deal with. Some people in our opening asked me what I think would happen between Iran and United States. I just don't know what will happen and honestly, all I care is presenting my country and my culture without the media or political bias. I just hope this project continues to happen so there are more people in America who can understand Persian culture and see the beauty of Iranian art. I also want to say: IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO DESCRIBE IRUS ART SHOW FOR OTHER PEOPLE, DESCRIBE IT AS IT IS, NOT THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO BE!!

No comments: